Larry Widmer's "Soft head" swirl technology

DemonTSi at aol.com DemonTSi at aol.com
Sat Jun 27 19:39:59 GMT 1998

<< Has anybody tried the techniques and theories of high swirl air
 into combustion champer (by the way of porting techniques and
 piston chamber design?  Larry is suppose to have achived BSFC's
 below .400, exhaust temps 1000F and even lower while maintaining
 power output because these motors are much more efficient.

 I know lot of very knowledgable people are on the list.  If you
 guys know who Larry is...  email is fine.

 How many of you weld up combustion chambers/ports to reshape them? >>

Hey frank...just wondering, but did you hear from larry or did you have to do
a lot of research to find out who he is? I personally think that some of the
work he's done is amazing...and it shouldn't be too extraordinarily difficult
to replicate, so I'm wondering why we don't hear more about other people
trying similar work. And actually...I'm hoping that there would be at least
some people on the list who would know a lot more about larry and his work
also...

Van
BTW, I'm also on the importracing.com mssg boards...you can guess who from the
email address... :)