ECM Co's wide range labmda box

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Sat Jun 27 19:58:41 GMT 1998

On Sat, 27 Jun 1998 13:12:40 -0400 (EDT), "Frank/G.speed"
<fmlin at kens.com> wrote:

>I did a search in the archive, there's just way too many wide
>range o2 sensor posts to go through.  And that there isn't
>really any search options to help...  But I saw that there was
>a recent thread on the topic again dated around Feb, 98.  So
>I hope some of you remembers it.

Geez, now there's TOO much info? Hee hee, at this point I'm just
chucklin. The context search works now (even the hit limit's no longer
there!...thanks Steve). You mean to say your interest is so general that
you can't think of any further narrowing keywords, like NTK or UEGO?
Each of those I just tried and they each give about 130 spot-on hits,
most of them overlapping. Is THAT too much to look at?

>I tried to email Garfield but didn't get a reply, maybe he's out
>of town or something.  If anybody else has the scoop on ECM Co
>let me know, thanks.

Nope, I got your email, but all you said was someone told you I had some
info on ECM, and you asked me just what you ask above: "give me the
scoop". Sheesh man, that's kinda open-ended, isn't it? I hope I'm not
gonna hear another diatribe on how since I wasn't willing to give a
brain dump on such a broad request, I'm somehow playing lord & master,
and refusing to help.

Why don't you ask some specific questions about WHY you're interested in
ECM, and WHAT you wanna know about them or their products. I'm not gonna
sit here and type in everything and anything I know about them just to
satisfy someone's fishing expedition. If you can't even spend the time
to go thru a hundred or so posts, I'm sure as hell NOT gonna spend
30mins typing in "all I ever heard or knew about ECM".

>ps, ECM here is Engine Controls & Monitors, not engine control
>module.  They used to have a web page at http://www.ecmco.com
>but have gone away, why?

You posted that question before to the list. I remember it.

Here, as lame as our poor archival search is, I was able to find your
post in less than a minute:

"Frank/G.speed" ECM the company, Engine Controls & Monitor?
"Does anybody have experience with ECM Co?  They used to have a web
site as www.ecmco.com, but it seems to have gone away for some
reason.  Does anybody have experience with them, specifically their
wide range lambda meter?  A friend's shop is using them and ECM
supposely uses their own sensor (as oppose of the usual Bosch
LSM-11 or NTK mentioned on this list often).  They also claim their
sensor service life in *years*.  Something about they have units
out there that's been in use for like 9 years."

If you didn't get an answer, it's probably cuz no one knows "why". I
mean, be realistic, IF someone KNEW for example why, they'd probably
respond, but the disappearance of a domain name or web page means
NOTHING these days. Could be a bazillion reasons why. I never KNEW they
had a page, so I sure couldn't tell ya why it dissappeared. Probably no
one else knows either. But ya know what, I KNOW there are others on this
list that even HAVE ECM units, and THEY didn't answer your question
EITHER. Why do you spose that was? My guess: too vague a query.

Your last one asks questions NO ONE is likely know, either, like: do
they make their own sensors, like you say their sales dweeb claimed, or
do they last nearly forever. Honestly, I sure don't think they'd be in a
position to make their own bloody sensors, and I sure bet NO one knows
if they last indefinitely. I sure know they WON'T if you use leaded
racing fuel.

No one here is tryna hide info, but you're gonna have to spend a little
more effort on your inquiry, than just say "tell me all you know about
suchNsuch". That's gonna go nowhere, unless the info is awful small or
well-defined. As an example, who's likely to respond to a question like,
"tell me what you know about NTK's UEGO interface". That's narrower than
YOUR question, which asked in general about the company ECM, as well as
it's products, etc.

In summary, exert some modest amount of effort to be a tad more
specific.

Gar (the group grump & growing)