Twin injector system?

Terry thartman at gte.net
Sun Jun 28 13:49:26 GMT 1998

Barrett Flowers wrote:
...snips abound....
> Is there a system that uses
> twin injectors? Say something like 2 15# or a 20#and 30# injectors?
> the smaller injector is only used at idle and part throttle, as rpm's
> increase the second injector takes over
> from the first, and at WOT both injectors kick in.
> I know this is doable, but it is pratical as well as economical?

GM has already done this with the ZR1 corvette.  Look at its system.
There is also a second runner from the plenum that gets kicked in
with a butterfly type valve (I think) when a certain rpm is reached.
This is when the second injector is fired as well.

> Would someone be willing to build a system like this so I can test it on
> my supercharged 600HP Corvette?

Got a custom sheet metal intake that'll accept 8 more injectors?

> An alternative to this is that the second set of injectors inject
> alcohol into the system, this should help reduce knock, make the engine
> run cooler and give added power, but will alcohol and gas mix well
> enough and work together with such a system?

Carroll Supercharging has an auxiliary 3 injector pack that sits
on top of the plenum and fires into a plate that mounts behind
the throttlebody. (looking at your sig - you probably already
knew this).  A friend of mine has this on his superchared
LT1 and it works quite well.   (its not cheap though)

T.
--
Terry Hartman       '87 Trans Am
thartman at gte.net    12.96 @ 108