Regional CSH Office on Vacation

Scot Sealander Sealand at clarityconnect.com
Sun Jun 28 14:19:23 GMT 1998

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> Well, gotta a problem, here.  Got two memcals that I need two
> ZIFs installed on (perferably lever type, incase more than one
> style).

Save yourself some work....  Buy one of those aftermarket chips that
plugs into the MEMCAL and tips it 90 degrees.  This approach justs adds
the new PROM on a small board and bypasses the regular stock PROM, still
using the stock ESC filter and fuel mode stuff....

Take out this PROM and put your ZIF socket on the small board. Using this
approach, you can plug in most any P4 MEMCAL and use any PROM you like.
Very useful if you like to use lots of differernt configurations.

I mounted mine high enough to allow the ROM emulator board to be plugged
into the ZIF socket.

Scot Sealander    Sealand at clarityconnect.com