Twin injector system?

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Mon Jun 29 15:36:43 GMT 1998

It hits me that having dual injectors would be the way to go, but you
would need to rework alot of stuff to make everything work correctly,
ie the computer.

There is at least one person on the f-body list (camaro/firebird) who
is running something called the Carroll superfueler, it is apparently
a TBI add on with three injectors that goes behind the TB and adds
additional fuel when it is needed.  I do not know how much computer
control it has with it, or if it has any at all, but that seems
to be the buyable implementation that at least one person is using.
Iguess it kind of works like the NO2 type fuel injections systems, and
realisticly you may not need much control with it, just dump in
enough fuel that you are able to properly adjust things the rest of
the way way with the injectors that are currently in the vehicle.

I am also not that sure that the idle gets that bad if the computer
understands how big the injectors are.  My care is running injectors
in the 34 lb range (given the fuel pressure I am running, compared
to where the injectors were rated), and idles and starts just fine.

			Roger