Twin ECM Systems

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Jun 30 01:23:36 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Frederic Breitwieser <frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com>
Subject: Twin ECM Systems

>On the subject of dual ECMs, someone maybe a year ago suggested this to the
>list, and I made a foolish attempt at it.  The idea was to utilize the
>factory ECM for idle, day to day driving, and the secondary ECM to run as
>the "race" computer compensating for the additional load, turbo boost, and
>power needs.

But, this was all before any movement along the lines of 101etc.  Who knew a
year ago about the low code aussie stuff.  Who knew about locking a ecm
at BL of 128.

To say it won't work today cause of what happened a year ago is kinda self
defeating IMHO.

Geez a year ago I didn't know a table from a chair as far as code goes.
I'm not quaranting it would work but with the folks here and now, I'd give
it a shot, and probably at least will work out something on the bench for
this.

>From more than one source lately I've heard mention of using like the
charcoal canister purge "pin" to run a aux injector.  Yes that would
take a code change, but IMHO 2 piggyback is at least worth
exploring.

As for the comment for just go out and buy one, well where are the
controllers available for $20-50........

I can see why it had troubles with trying to run stock programs in pairs.

Just my 02 cents
Bruce