ALDL

Eugene Slater mrvette at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 30 08:05:57 GMT 1998

Hi guys, I am a newbie to this list....
I am an old electronics man from the vacuum tube days....;-(((

I have done a brief stint in the early 80's as an r/d prototype tech... tons of
fun....chip galore...analogue mostly....
and so I missed the computer revolution....untill ~97 when I bought my first p/c

I managed to adapt a caddy FI direct port system, by Bendix, onto an old Pontiac
455...and it ran like a champ untill the old caddy analogue computer died....so
i'ts back to a carb for now....maybe I can do another direct port FI system in
the future....

Question i have is this, really....I have an old '72 vette that I put a hotrod
version of a 350 chevy in...with a 1227730 computer running it hotrod
style....closed loop with a heated O2 sensor on the pass. header collecter....I
used a $30 cheaper Mopar O2 sensor BTW,....works fine...

SO the question is how do I get a copy--bootleg is ok== of the diacom software?
and what sort of portable p/c do I need to run it?  and how does a chip burner
work?   I want to check up on the operating parameters of the computer and it's
aftermarket hotrod chip...and modify the chip as necessary to make sure the
engine is putting out max power...it starts and runs fine....:-))
with a schematic I can obviously wire up any connecters necessary...assuming a
source for them....any help out there?

GENE SLATER