EFI-ing my V-8 Datsun Z......

Eugene Slater mrvette at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 30 08:16:18 GMT 1998

Paul, the Holley system I am familiar with is a 2000 buck system..and it
would/should work fine...for that kind of money....
but you can get an old part show GM L98 system...off a vette or camaro...and buy
NEW Injectors....and a 100 buck pump, and bolt it on your engine, assuming an
earlier engine...non LT1 variety....
the 1227730 MAP sensor computer with aftermarket chip runs it fine   a K/N
airfilter on the intake horn solves the intake plumbing nicely...and if it
clears the Holley under your hood, the L98 should clear also....thermostat
housings are similar for hose routing.....pick one out of a junkyard that
works.....doing it my way gives you annother project and an
education....assuming you can make your own wiring harness from junkyard spliced
conecters and sending units/ control devices....and you can get an O2 bung
welded ito your exhaust pipe for cheap.....my conversion cost an initial 750
bucks...have fun...:-)))
the driving is much improved....lo end torque is truely amazing...you will have
to improve on the stock rear tires...big time....:-)))

GENE SLATER