PCMCIA a/d boards

Terrie S. Watts terriesue2 at email.msn.com
Mon Mar 2 06:57:23 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Wallace <jwallace at nist.gov>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Sunday, March 01, 1998 5:33 PM
Subject: Re: PCMCIA a/d boards

>At 11:26 AM 2/28/98 -0600, you wrote:
>>All,
>>
>>Does anyone have any recommendations for laptop-able a/d boards?  I'd like
>>to wire into my car's ECU and sensors to do some data logging.  I'm
looking
>>for something fairly inexpensive, it needn't have Megahertz range type
>>frequency response, but it needs to have at least 16 a/d inputs
>>(multiplexed is fine), and preferably some rudimentary software at least
>>(to allow me to use it with LabView or something similar).

I've had good success using a card built by ComputerBoards, Inc.
They are at http://www.computerboards.com

Make sure that you order the cable and the terminal strip if you
decide to buy from them.  Don't know why they do that.  It does
include the InstaCal software drivers and you can get the latest
driver for LabTech Notebook from their website if you decide to
go that direction.  Look at their PCM-DAS16S/12 unit; sounds
like the closest match to your specs.

Matt Watts
University of Utah
Formula SAE Racing