Turbocompounding

Tom Boday gtv6 at neurospace.com
Mon Mar 2 09:46:40 GMT 1998

> > wait another 50 yrs for detroit, the profits are still high using
> > WWI aircraft technology.
> > In 2050 we will be orbiting in scram jets.
> > >
> > > 41.1 Liters? and only 4500 hp thats not much over the 100bhp per liter
> > > that any good race engine can produce.  But this was in the 50's so we
> > > should give them some credit I suppose.
> > >

> I suppose it might be worth mentioning that the engine in question is a
> _diesel_, with a shaft speed of perhaps 2500-3000 rpm. That's roughly
> the equivalent of a GM 6 liter V-8 diesel producing 660 hp.... (!)
>
> Cheers.
>
> --
> My other Triumph runs, but....

Sorry to pick on you guys, but I'd like to mention that shortly after
WW II. Alfa Romeo produced the Alfetta (or Tipo 159 for hardcore
guys) Grand Prix cars.
With a two stage supercharged eight in line 1.5 liter engine,
producing 480 Hp. The car have been ready before the War, but raced
only after things cleared up. No doubt it won the Grand Prix
championship three times.
Cheers:
Tamas
Tamas Boday