Digital Distributorless ignition q's

Marc van der Vossen marc at vdvossen.cistron.nl
Mon Mar 2 14:10:50 GMT 1998

Hi guys.

I'm planning on building a ddi for a chevy V-8. My questions are:

1. could i make a cranktrigger using a wheel with 4 holes where the light
can come through (light sensor input) and make one hole the double length to
see where no.1 cylinder hangs out. I think with a light-based system you
won't have much noise in your signal and the output is very consistent. Any
input ?

2. Which coilpack should I go for ? I won't need more power then a stock HEI
coil, because the engine is not laughing and not blown (super or turbo).

Thanks in advance.

marc at vdvossen.cistron.nl
searching for cone shaped hat to put on his ddi