FW: MAF Upgrad

Bill Eubank Bill_Eubank at cidcn00005.cidc.cummins.com
Mon Mar 2 15:26:11 GMT 1998

Well, why not put a little box between the sensor and the ECU?  The little
box would intercept the MAF signal and output another signal based on a
lookup table.  The advantage here is that you need to change little of your
stock setup.

I do microcontroller hardware and software design for a living.  So I would
use a micro that has and A/D and EEPROM for nonvolatile table storage.  The
analog output could be done with a D/A converter ...  The lookup table
calibration would be done with PC (or laptop) connected with a serial cable
to the little box.

I may want to take this on as a side project if there?s interest ...

Hacker Bill
eubank at tc.umn.edu