Digital Distributorless ignition q's

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Mon Mar 2 15:31:27 GMT 1998

>1. could i make a cranktrigger using a wheel with 4 holes where the light
>can come through (light sensor input) and make one hole the double length to
>see where no.1 cylinder hangs out. I think with a light-based system you
>won't have much noise in your signal and the output is very consistent. Any
>input ?

Depending on the circuitry you will be making or purchasing, most triggers
are 60 tooth and magnetic.  Using light is even better as there are no
mechanical parts, but still, having a lot of teeth allow your device to
know the actual position of the crank and therefore adjust timing easier,
with less guesswork.  This depends on your coil-pack that you select of
course.  The Electromotive ECM units require 60 pulses per rotation, and
the coil packs are available seperately.

http://www.electromotive-inc.com

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/