Digital Distributorless ignition q's

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Mar 2 16:06:35 GMT 1998

If you want to go the light route fine, but it's been done before, and
now all the commercial units I know of use magnets for triggering.
As I recall the optic units had a problem with reflected light from
random sources even when it was PWM/Infrared.  Also Oil Contamination/dirt,
can be cruel.  The only optic ign. stuff I've seen
used lately is inside the distributor.
  There are several units using the magnets that you could buy the
wheel, and sensor from (ie MSD).
  Cadillac used/uses a DIS for some of it's V-8s.
HTH  Bruce  From the DOJ, FBI reports, not one Columbian Drug
                      lord has been busted wearing a Cone Shaped Hat...
                      Or has the term Cone Shaped Hat been mentioned
                      in a Federal Search Warrant...