Ford Error Codes

Billy_McCord at whittman-hart.com Billy_McCord at whittman-hart.com
Mon Mar 2 18:35:54 GMT 1998

Is there a way to determine if the CAT is plugged up? Also the problem is
intermittent so would a plugged up CAT cause that?

Just curious.

Thanks

Billy

frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com on 03/02/98 11:26:47 AM

Please respond to diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu

To:   diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
cc:    (bcc: Billy McCord/Whittman-Hart LP)
Subject:  Re: Ford Error Codes

>Does this sound familiar to any one and if so is there any way to
determine
>if I should go with the EGR valve or canister as the first thing to
>replace?
Hello Billy,
it might also be a stuffed Cat as well... dispite what the error code
says... the Lincoln Dealer got the same code on my 93 Continental, replaced
the purge canister as well as the EGR, and got the same code.  Then, after
replacing the Cat, viola, it went away.
I thought it was rather strange myself, however it ended up being the
solution
If you have to choose between one or the other, I'd select the EGR valve,
simply because its more prone to failure than the canister... at least on
Fords.

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/