J1962

Alexander Wenning wenning.motorsport at t-online.de
Mon Mar 2 20:24:27 GMT 1998

martin at mgass.demon.co.uk schrieb:
> Anybody able to shed lite on SAE-J1962 connector pin outs ?
> What are the pin outs ?

That´s what I´ve measured on a Subaru Impreza 2.0l

	5  - GND
	12 - RxD
	13 - TxD
	16 - +12V

> I have a vehicle in with J1962 16pin diagnostic connector (its a 1996
> European GM vehicle).

I own a Opel (Vauxhall) Vectra B 2.0l 16V which is fully OBD2-compatible.
Which car do you own?

I´ve done some testing with the ISO 9141-interface on my Vectra:

	5  - GND
	7  - bidirectional line
	16 - +12V

> It has pins 3 thro to 7, 12 and 16 connected, the DTC's correspond to
> OBDII numbers.
> I wonder if the vehicle is OBDII or a derivative of this.

What do you know about OBDII-codes?
Does anybody out there know where to get the right codes from?

> I understand that having J1962  pin 7 and no pin 2 or pin 10 implies
> ISO-9141-2 and that no pin 7 but a pin2 implies SAE J1850.

Regards

Alex Wenning
wenning.motorsport at t-online.de