Digital Distributorless ignition q's

Mikey B Sorensen dane_boy at juno.com
Mon Mar 2 20:20:10 GMT 1998

Nissan made/makes optical crank sensor, placed in the distributor. It has
a little wheel with 360 rectangular holes in it on the outside and 4
holes a little bit towards the middle to indicate TDC for each cylinder.
One of the four was double the size(length) to indicate Cylinder #1.
It was all inside the 'Distributor housing' but without rotor and cap,
since it is a distributor less system on a 4 cylinder engine.
So, maybe you can use the components from the Nissan distributor to adapt
it to a V8 distributor??, the only problem I see is to figure out how to
'add' four more cylinders...
Michael.