J1962

xxalexx at ix.netcom.com xxalexx at ix.netcom.com
Tue Mar 3 16:56:08 GMT 1998

> Date:          Tue, 3 Mar 1998 10:28:47 +0100
> To:            diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject:       Re:  J1962
> From:          wenning.motorsport at t-online.de (Alexander Wenning)

> Thank you for your help. I've been looking at Superchips' program that reprograms the Opel
> Vectra's ECU. There are some strange codes stored:
>
> 	4, &h81, &h11, &hF1, &h35 `Req.Upload
>
> or	5, &h93, &h11, &hF1, &h3B 'Write VIN into ECU.
>
> Has this to do with the codes you explained above?

The 4 is probably a indentifier in rom.
$81 is bit rate and type of message
$11 is request
$F1 is scan tool address
$35 and $3B or J2190 modes.
mode $3B is the one you need since writes to tables

what is in location? 1 2  3 ?
The 1st byte sent should be $33 at 5 baud
The next byte is $F7 or $6B (inversion of keyword)
these most likely in program rom

> I'm looking for a datalogger which enables me to record the data transmitted between car and
> OBD2-tool in order to modify the ingnition and injection maps and play it back again to the
> ECU.

I have a prototype ISO 10.4 kbaud to rs232 adapter card and datalog
program for ms windows.
I can send it to you for US  $125.00. please send data collected
back, so I can upgrade datalog program for transmission to modify
tables.  (if needed can write in ms dos)
 Alex P.