[Fwd: Syclone/Typhoon Stuff]

ECMnut ECMnut at aol.com
Tue Mar 3 20:14:39 GMT 1998

In a message dated 98-03-03 12:19:35 EST, Joe Boucher writes:

>1) Are these utilities only for those chips?  (I used them on some of
>the bn files collected from here and the data looked trashy to me.)

91-93 Turbo 4.3 Syclone engine, and Sunbird 2.0 Turbo, 88 & later
should make sense using their programs.  That's it.. Offsets are hard-
coded..  Interesting reading though..

>2) Are those a true sequentially triggered injection system or is it a
>batched fired system?

They are batch fire..... 2 Bar MAP....Distributor cap...single ext. coil..

>3) If it's batched fired, since those are v6 engines there are other
>mod's required to convert to a V8, correct?

Don't know if it has been done yet...  _Looks_ very possible..
Are you thinking, maybe a twin turbo EFI Camaro?? <grin>
There is a byte in the chip (see the programs) to set it for 3,4,6 or 8 cyl..
Bruce can get HD chin straps for cone shaped hats too..
hth

Mike V