Some VSS info&questions

Gary Derian gderian at cybergate.net
Wed Mar 4 14:05:23 GMT 1998

If you are doing a Camaro - P245/50R16 tires that rotate 811 times per mile.
With a 40 pulse per driveshaft rev sensor and a 3.42 axle ratio, the output
is 110,944.8 pulses per mile.  Aren't there simple counter chips that can
divide by 55 to get 2018 pulses per mile?  (you can tell I'm an ME).   If
you have different tires or axle ratio, put in your own data.  Tire revs per
mile is 20,800/dia(in).
Gary Derian <gderian at cybergate.net>