Crank Trigger Signal (was monitoring RPM)

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Wed Mar 4 19:53:56 GMT 1998

The teeth problem is one, the second is the runout in the ring gears on
some engines, the third is that the number of teeth on a flywheel may not
really be what you need, the fourth is that you will need to modify the
flywheel for the TDC mark if it is not thier, the fifth is that it is
harder to get at then at the front, you don't have to pull the engine to
change it, the sixth is that it is pretty easy to pull off the front pully
and add 1/8" plate. The worst is that you would have to make some spacers
for the accessories to keep all the belts aligned. And again, you can have
one made pretty easily in any shape, size, center, number of teeth.

Just 2 cents, but hey, if you have a car with that type of system, then it
is a natural, but if not, I tend to think that it would be better to front
mount or use something in the distributor.

Sandy