Crank Trigger Signal (was monitoring RPM)

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Wed Mar 4 20:02:33 GMT 1998

>Yeah,  but why spend the bux, and blood sweat and tears trying to mount it
>somewhere. ( some engine compartments are VERY cramped..), then to have
>the code in the computer be adjustable for the number of teeth. ( just one
>variable in code, instead of hours of machining...)

On engines with an automatic transmission, the torque convertor usually is
a donut-shaped item, curving away from the flexplate towards the perimeter.
 You can mount your toothed wheel in between the two, putting the converter
bolts through everthing, and bend the teeth away from the flexplate,
towards the transmission/transaxle  We did that on one vehicle my friends
and I were trying to attach electronics to.

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HMMWV
2000 Buick-Powered Mid-Engined Sports Car