Injector Sizing

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Thu Mar 5 14:11:40 GMT 1998

>Does anyone have a clue why the manufacturers use such large
>injectors?.  If ya use the commonly used math they could get by
>with smaller size, on alot of applications.

I'm going to guess here (hope no one minds) but they don't want the
injector to ever hit 85% (open) pulsewidths, because as they age they can
get "stuck" open.  By using larger injectors, they can keep the pulse width
down to say, 65% at WOT and everything will be reliable.  At least during
warranty <Grin>\

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HMMWV
2000 Buick-Powered Mid-Engined Sports Car