Fuel pump advice needed...

Joe Boucher BoucherJC at lmtas.lmco.com
Thu Mar 5 17:58:05 GMT 1998

I've been there at this point.  One of the easist and cheapest options to
investigate is the stock in tank.  If you have spare transportation than the
S10, pull the tank and look at the stock sending unit.  Details to study are
the diameter of the unit and the configuration of the locking ring and the
number and size of the tubes coming out of it.  Now, go junkyarding and see if
the S10 sending units with FI are the same diameter and at least the same
number or more tubes coming out of it.  The pumps will be for the TBI units,
but the TPI fuel shouldn't externally be much different.

This is one of the things I wish I could do over on my swap.

Joe Boucher
'70 RS/SS Camaro  '81 TBI Suburban