TPI Fuel rail and it's funny fittings

Daniel Burk ws6transam at voyager.net
Sun Mar 8 01:34:34 GMT 1998

Andris:

Yes, these could be considered Saginaw fittings, I guess.   I used them
extensively
when working as a co-op at GM's Saginaw Division.  I tested a lot of
blueprinted power steering pumps for "Non-Allied" customers like VW,
Audi, Jaguar, etc.

They are essentially a tube that's got a very slight flare, an o-ring,
then a large crimp to hold the o-ring.  A threaded nut spins on the
tube, and presses the o-ring into a recess in the receptor. The crimp
presses against a flare inside the receptor, adn is held snug.  The
o-ring keeps the fuel from spraying backwards. The fitting doesn't even
have to be that tight; The more fluid pressure, the more the o-ring gets
squished to make the seal.  It works kind of like the o-ring on the
injector, I guess.

Thing is, I don't know where on earth to get them!

Dan