pining,twin plugging,etc...

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Mar 10 01:28:15 GMT 1998

I wouldn't think too much about how they light the mixture
in a Nitro Hemi Engine.  That is just such a world away
from anything streetable.  IMHO.  I've never experienced
it but supposedly there is a circumstance where you can
have punch threw, such a high energy ignition that it
doesn't properly cause a flame to occur.
  Would be interested in how long that other plug lasted. I
think all the F1 stuff is 10mm plugs, but don't know of any
OEM car applications using them IE, much warmer heat
ranges.
  Used to play with some rotaries, and they always would
up some rpm with the second plug attached, but never felt
a real horsepower gain,  maybe a little transistion response.
  IMHO, the chamber designs that are really large in volume
would gain the most (in the world of 2 valve none hemi
designs).  Cause of the piston crown design to get a
reasonable CR.
  Bruce   Whew when I saw the word pining, I thought some
               one was looking for pins to hold their Cone Shaped
               Hats on, Martha Stewart would be the only possible
               source for those, that I could think of