pining,twin plugging,etc...

Carl Summers InTech at writeme.com
Tue Mar 10 03:18:01 GMT 1998

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> I wouldn't think too much about how they light the mixture
> in a Nitro Hemi Engine.  That is just such a world away
> from anything streetable.  IMHO.  I've never experienced
> it but supposedly there is a circumstance where you can
> have punch threw, such a high energy ignition that it
> doesn't properly cause a flame to occur.
>   Would be interested in how long that other plug lasted. I
> think all the F1 stuff is 10mm plugs, but don't know of any
> OEM car applications using them IE, much warmer heat
> ranges.
>   Used to play with some rotaries, and they always would
> up some rpm with the second plug attached, but never felt
> a real horsepower gain,  maybe a little transistion response.
>   IMHO, the chamber designs that are really large in volume
> would gain the most (in the world of 2 valve none hemi
> designs).  Cause of the piston crown design to get a
> reasonable CR.
>   Bruce   Whew when I saw the word pining, I thought some
>                one was looking for pins to hold their Cone Shaped
>                Hats on, Martha Stewart would be the only possible
>                source for those, that I could think of

Sorry for the intrusion but I thought some of us would like to know that
FUEL engines run aprroximately 70 degrees of advance and depend on
detonation to reignite the mixture and the more detonation per cycle the
better as they rely on the 32cc of mixture that comes in on every intake
stroke,,,,,,,but some of the really cool tuners think they can only run
8.5:1 compression because it's nitro.....blah blah blah,,,,I've been
drinking alcohol instead of racing with it......
-Carl Summers