pining,twin plugging,etc...

Carl Summers InTech at writeme.com
Tue Mar 10 06:08:14 GMT 1998

Carter Hendricks wrote:

> At 06:43 PM 3/9/98 -0800, Carl Summers wrote:
> >>
> >Hiya Bruce,
>
> >.....in the theory world if we have a
> >faster burning fuel(less octane) we would theoretically produce max
> >horsepower if we were to fire after TDC,,,,considering flame speed and
> >combustion but all of us forget about stored load for which there is no
> >known formula for in rotating mass(that I know of,,,,maybe next
> >diy_efi?????)      When you push on a wall with 200lb's of force it
> >pushes back with the same amount and yet it did not:
> >move,,,hmmmmmm,,,,but it is stored energy,,,,,same concept within an
> >engine,,,
>
> Yeah, man, but which way are you pushing?
>
>                                                                 --Carter

Hi Carter,
    I push both ways....LOL..if we're talking about women.......
But if we're talking about maximum stored energy after combustion versus
rpm and rod length/stroke ratio before the exhaust valve opens, I'd have
to say it's all in my mind and Bill Gates is still working on my
encryption and I don't have the correct format conversion for me to put
it into anything that SAE would agree with.....but I sure like to argue
about it..........Gasoline is for washing parts, Alcohol is for drinking
and Nitro is for racing,,,,but it sure ruins my O2 sensor..LOL....
-Carl Summers