Basic GM TBI injection questions.

mfwic raklinge at brain.uccs.edu
Tue Mar 10 06:16:54 GMT 1998

I just joined this group also. And I have similar questions about the fuel
maps used.

We want to use an existing fuel map as a starting point for a digital
controller that we are
building as part of a graduate student project. We have a target vehicle
and some preliminary
electronics.

The vehicle has a 350SBC with a throttle body from the Chevy dealer and a
Holley
Pro-Jection brain from the flea market. It has a turbo from a Buick
Grand National along with a new cam for the turbo. We want to replace the
Holley brain
with a digital controller of our design.

We have watched most of the signals and we are starting to collect
real-time data via
a 68HC11 evaluation board(EVB) and a laptop running Labview.
The EVB will probably not remain as part of the final design but is easy to
use at this stage.
We also have a Motorola DSP 56K EVB and a PIC BASIC Stamp that will be part
of the initial development.

We want to modify the fuel map with a neural network.(this is the actual
graduate student project). Any
suggestions for the neural network would be appreciated but what we need to
know at this point concerns
the PROM's.

Where can we get info on what data is located where in a PROM ?
How many inputs/outputs in the look-up table(s)/map(s)?
We have the capability to read/program any PROM up to 28-pins.
We have been reading what we can find on GM controllers but haven't found
very
much specific information.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Rich Klinger
Cone-shaped hat with oak-leaf clusters