Aftermarket EFI systems question

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Tue Mar 10 16:16:40 GMT 1998

> The closed loop wot feature of the FelPro is its biggest advantange and
> it pretty important because it basically does that all important tuning
> into lean best torque point easily. With all the others you need a method
> of measuring a/f so you have feedback info so that you can enter new
> best guesses into the 3Dfuel map. As you have noticed from all the
> discussions in this group, a truely inexpensive a/f meter is not
> available yet. The Bailey at about $1K is a choice. Tuning with std O2
> sensor gives you direction but NO hard info on whether a/f is eg: 12.3 or
> 13.4 a/f. The FelPro has the widerange meter built in for not a whole lot
> more money tha a widerange a/f meter. Haaving that feedback a/f #'s is
> priceless and allows quick honing into lean best torque. Engines will run
> OK over a very wide range of a/f:eg: 10-14 a/f but the difference in
> response between a fat a/f and a proper tuning in at lean best torque
> is like adding a cylinder or so.
> Hope above helps.
>
> Regards,
>
> Frank Parker

Frank,

Do you happen to know anyone that carries the fel-pro system, or
where to get more information on it.  With the std 02 sensors my
plan was going to be to first get the fuel curve level (same O2
voltage) and adjust the level until I appear to get the best HP,
life would be much simpler with a system that would get the fuel
curve level by itself, then just figure out exactly where the
best a/f ratio is (I know somewhere around 12.5 for power, 14.5 for
mileage).  Thanks for any help

			Roger