pining,twin plugging,etc...

jb24 at chrysler.com jb24 at chrysler.com
Tue Mar 10 18:09:34 GMT 1998

I have been reading an excellent book I got while at the SAE
International Congress up here in Detroit two weeks ago called Advanced
Engine Technology, by Heinz Heisler (published by SAE @ www.sae.org for
approx. $35).  Just so happens I was reading last night about multiple
valves and spark plugs.  Twin plugs reduce spark advance simply by
cutting the distance the flame front has to travel to get combustion
done around TDC.  Because the burn happens faster, greater peak
pressure and voila, more power.  Lots of other really great stuff in
this book, with graphs and pictures, etc.  More info for power-crazed
motorheads than I have found in any one place prior.

John Bucknell is jb24 at chrsyler.com