WOT Air fuel ratio

Jim Davies jimd at vcc.bc.ca
Tue Mar 10 23:56:56 GMT 1998

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Dave Balfour wrote:

> ahem Bruce what about military aircraft. I believe that it was
> dual ignition DOHC and 4 valves per cylinder on some engines.
> dave balfour
> learning a lot here

You could almost say that if it hadn't been done in WW2, it wasnt worth
doing [as far as IC engines are concerned] I cannot think of anything done
since that is more advanced. The advent of embedded controllers has
lowered the price on such things as fuel injection, allowing old
technology to be used in mass produced cars. Of course, most of the WW2
era aircraft piston engine developments were hardly new, even then. It was
the first time that many of these "tricks" were mass produced, however.

jim davies