pining,twin plugging,, bigger bores etc...

Mike Dillon mdill at lsil.com
Wed Mar 11 16:27:00 GMT 1998

  I don't remember the referance but there was a artical in one of the
airplane mag's on the big piston engines used in transports and bombers
in the late 40's. They metioned that the max bore they could use for
gas engines was in the 4-5 inch range, I think they said it was due to
flame propogation rate. If you want to see some cool hardware look up
some referances to the piston aircraft engines just after WWII.

Mike D.