Wide Ratio O2 meter

Mark Knowles mknowles at ti.com
Thu Mar 12 14:18:40 GMT 1998

How would one get a copy of SAE920234?

							Thanks,
							Mark Knowles

------------------
Original text

From: garfield at pilgrimhouse.com, on 3/11/98 6:15 PM:
On Wed, 11 Mar 1998 19:08:29 -0500 (EST), Frank F Parker
<fparker at umich.edu> wrote:

>The heater circuit/resistance does not matter. It is the other 2 wires,
>the sensor, that we have to measure the internal resistance of without
>upsetting signal output.

I see, so those R values you mentioned were internal Nernst cell
resistances at diff. Temps, NOT heater resistances. Yeah, that's a whole
nother story. It makes more sense now. Those would be internal R's of
the Nernst cell 'battery' at diff. temps.

>I am not very clear-sorry!. My Bailey was calibrated on dyno versus same
>Bosch sensor used with a Motec box. Since then I have acquired 2 NTK
>sensors and interfaces. Have not used them yet or checked them against
>the Bailey.

OK, gotcha. No problem, I was just fishing for clarification.

>Could not find before but just dug it up. There was a older paper and a
>good new one, SAE 920234, called "Universal air/fuel ratio heated exhaust
>gas O2 sensor and furthur applications.

eXcellent! Nuthin like hearing it from the electro-chemical types, to
stimulate some thot. I'd sure like to understand this oxygen ion pump
gizmo a tad better.

>The 920234 paper would help you. Blow his mind with details- maybe he
>will open up.

Nah, he's truly a sphincter, methinks, BUT knowing more may provoke him
to disclose more, just to prove he knows more than I do! Vee haf vays of
dealing vis his kind! Hee hee.

Thanks for more info. I jus luv a mystery.

Garfield