DIY_EFI Digest V3 #95

ptimmerm at mashtun.JPL.NASA.GOV ptimmerm at mashtun.JPL.NASA.GOV
Fri Mar 13 17:48:27 GMT 1998

Gar Wrote,

> Usually when the electrochem guys talk 'down' to the mech &
> elec types, they couch things in terms we can understand.

hey, I represent that remark!  ;-)

Steve Wrote,

>So they're basically two EGO sensors back to back, the second one is
>driven to maintain the first at some fixed voltage, the current required
>indicates the amount of oxygen.

Yeah, that's what I thought is must be, but I had never heard of it
before.  Kinda neat.  Given that there is a solid oxide oxygen
transport going on, and that the transport rate is highly dependant
upon temperature, I would thing the resistance of that oxide
could be used for controlling the heater.  I.E. toggle between
closed loop constant potential mode, using Vref of the second (inside)
layer, and a fixed current mode through the second layer, measuring
the potential drop through the "reference cell"

paul timmerman