Turbo EFI6

Kelly Murray kem at franz.com
Fri Mar 13 19:00:59 GMT 1998

I'm now ready to get serious on building
a Turbo EFI motor.  A 60's 170-200ci straight-6 Ford
will be powering my '70 Mach1.

I'm afraid I know nothing about electronics,
but I'm a fast learner.
I've got two simple projects I think would be good starters,
an LED display electronic speedo and tachometer,
and graduate from there into building more complex.

I've been wondering if I might simply adapt the existing
EFI parts off a late-model Ford 3.0 V6 to the I6.
Is this a possibility, or will I be hopelessly lost without
understanding how to read signal wave forms on a scope?..

I'm a high-level software guy,
but I've written a lot of low-level machine language hardware drivers
and have an EPROM burner that I've used to make custom EPROM
for PC hardware.  But I think I may be way out of my league here.

I have no interest in buying a solution -- which I can afford to
do -- I want to enjoy learning and building my own.

I would appreciate any advice, suggested reading, etc.

-Kelly Murray  kem at franz.com