DIY_EFI Digest V3 #95

Charles cmorris at ix.netcom.com
Sat Mar 14 00:30:40 GMT 1998

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998 21:05:39 -0500, you wrote:

>Get an aircraft spruce catalog, $5 I think, and the have a 'plethora' of
>gauges and thermo's.
>
>Sandy
>
>At 07:11 AM 3/12/98 -0600, you wrote:
>>Charles,
>>
>>Have you looked into aircraft style EGT gauges?
>>
>>Zack

	Not yet, for two reasons.

1) anything that says Aircraft costs double or triple, just like
hardware that says for Marine applications.

2) Aircraft can use a very heavy, thick-walled probe which is very
vibration and burn resistant, because they are not interested in
response time. I can't keep my 15-psi boost plus nitrous floored long
enough for one of these gauges to stabilize - unless I can find
several miles of straight, non-public road ;)
Besides, I need to see that I'm running over 1600 degrees BEFORE
frying a piston top or exhaust valve...
-Charles