Phase Seperation

Ron & Cathy Webb cwebb at polarnet.com
Sun Mar 15 19:55:46 GMT 1998

Robert Harris wrote:<snip>On DIY_EFI - is there any mail list
newsgroup working on DIY Electronic Ignition?  Not overjoyed at
the prospect of running Linux as an operating system and 332 as a
system. Looking for something simpler and less comprehensive but
able to do what I want. Think engine management should be a
simple central processor talking to several physical modules that
can be updated and enhanced without redoing everything.

Well, In order of level of organization, there are

- the '332 group (I agree, LINUX is a learning curve I don't care
to tackle either - and why build your own processor board when so
many are available cheap)

- the EEC 4 Ford list. (great idea, but they are not having much
luck in actually producing an easily modifiable product - and
those who do, then proceed to go commercial, so they are
understandably reluctant to share)

- most success seems to have been had with the GM ECU - many
folks will help with location of maps and such.

- There is some information around about the L jetronic, and
Motronic Bosch units, and the Subaru Legacy ECU's.

- Many folks seem to have built their own minimum config ECU
boxes - much help is on the web site, including C and basic
source code, and sources of parts (some free).

Personally, I'm working on a Mitsubishi box out of a Geo tracker.
Uses a Mitsu "MELPS 7700" processor (6502 derivative popular in
japan)-but I'm having very little luck (non standard parts).

(Scotty, re establish lurk mode)