PC's and EFI

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Thu Mar 19 03:09:12 GMT 1998

>The point that may have been missed is that you don't need even a 486 to

Not at all, Al Lipper, a member of our list, created a system using an 4.77
mhz XT running basic of all things.  So, its doable.

>probablly use a PC, since all the interrupts and memory handling and
>stuff like that is already done.  You can control eight injecters with

Bob certainly made a valid point - while you're right, and I agree, the
code then becomes larger and more complex.  Especially if you are utilizing
some form of Windoze, where you become more and more isolated from the
hardware while programming.

>the parellel port and a handful of transisters.  You can add a couple

Mosfets :)

>minimal amount of electronic knowledge that can be learned from some of
>the small "engineer's notebooks" that you find at Radio Shack.

Just not the salespeople :)

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HMMWV
2000 Buick-Powered Mid-Engined Sports Car