PC's and EFI

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Sun Mar 22 00:35:48 GMT 1998

-> Man... I want to see this!  I've always wondered what the "Ideal"
-> user interface was for extreme hobbyists ;)

 Charles Moore, astronomer and developer of the Forth programming
language, used to use a five button 'puck' to chord 5-bit alphanumeric
input to a portable computer while driving to work.  Of course, he had
to write his own 5-bit character code, memorize it, and learn to chord
the characters by pressing the proper buttons, but what else is there to
do while parked in traffic on the Santa Monica freeway?

 I don't think that I could drive and program at the same time; I tend
to get tranced out when programming.  Of course, the average cellphone
user can't talk and drive at the same time either...