Water Injection (Was: Re: Wide Ratio O2)

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Sun Mar 22 19:33:12 GMT 1998

On Sun, 22 Mar 1998 10:59:53 -0500 "Bernie Jacobsen"
<bcjac at ix.netcom.com> writes:
>Does anyone know if water injection systems are still available (I
remember
>them from the 70's and early 80's, but haven't seen them since)?
>
>Can you still buy systems? parts? Or is 'home brew' the only option.
>
>I'm interested in it for a '85 Motorhome with a 454.  I would like to
>advance the timing for better fuel mileage.
>
>^Bernie

I believe that J. C. Whitney still sells them.  This is second-hand, but
I was talking to the mechanic/owner where I have my Jeep serviced.  He
said that it is hooked into a vacuum line (PCV?) and the vacuum is used
to draw in and atomize some water.  I'm not sure what triggers the
controller.

If I was going to homebrew, I would use a windshield washer pump and
resovoir.

Ray Drouillard