Need more fuel

dzorde dzorde at geocities.com
Mon Mar 23 01:41:35 GMT 1998

Hello everyone,

Just made a disturbing discovery on the weekend.  Normally I'm too busy
watching the track when I race, but last time I looked at the handpiece of
the car ECU when I was driving and discovered that the injectors maxed out
at 100% from 4700rpm in 3rd and 4500rpm in 4th.  Now I'm running a 305 TPI
system (19 lb/hr injectors @38psi ?? I think, can anyone verify) on a
350chev.  Max injector time is set to 12.85ms and are set up as 4 banks of 2
injectors (opposing cylinders).

Now here is my question, I have two options:

1. New injectors (bigger), expensive.
2. New pressure regulator, cheaper option.

Now is there a standard pressure regulator that fits the TPI system (read,
no modification required what so ever) but with higher pressure ?  If so
does anyone have a part number.  By the way I'm in Australia so I'd prefer a
stock chev part if possible.

Also since the fuel map is fine for low and mid range rpm, when
recalculating the map for a higher fuel pressure, the increase is just the
percentage difference in the increased pressure times the original pulse
width (right ??)

Finally, what is the calculation for converting lb/hr to cc/min (I gave up
searching the archives) ??

Ta

Dan     dzorde at geocities.com