DIS Explainations

Clint Corbin ccorbin at Rt66.com
Mon Mar 23 01:58:44 GMT 1998

At 02:26 PM 3/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Are the plugs wired in series?  How is this accomplished?  Since the
>outer electrodes of all the plugs are grounded to the block, I was
>assuming that they were wired in parellel.
>
>To wire them in series, we would not be able to use the standard
>autotransformer.  Instead, the secondary would have to float.  Also, the
>direction of the current would have to be reversed based on which plug is
>to be fired, since the plugs are designed to work with a specific
>polarity.
>
>Ray Drouillard

Their are two coil towers per coil.  There are in series on the
wasted spark system.  Any yes, the polarity is reversed for each
pair of plugs.  I think it was Buick that used a platinum tiped plug
with platinum on both the center electrode and the ground just
because of the reversed polarity.  They wanted 100000 mile
plug changes, so....

Clint