SSI 67F687

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Mon Mar 23 02:22:48 GMT 1998

At 08:26 PM 3/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>

>        I'm going to get a copy of the 67687 auto application guide out to
>dave to scan soon.  I will also zip up the code as well.  I was hoping to do
>that today, but I've been busy trying catch up on work for classes.
>
>As far as I know the development boards are out of production but every part
>except for the stepper motor controller is out of production,

The TI parts may still be available, but the ones from allegro (Dual H Driver)
are a dead dog. Other parts will works, but that is not the reall proble.

>there is a substitiute available if one really needs it.  The chip is still
>in production from what I was told in August, however as I had said
>previously only distributors who previously could get stock of them can do
>so now.  I located one or two over the summer that could get stock of them
>and I believe they were between $30-50 apiece in small quanities.  However I
>do not recall who they were.
>
>If I can be of any other help on the topic feel free to contact me.  Also if
>any has done any 4 cylinder development with the 67687  especially with the
>development board I'd be interested talking to you.

I have not seen the development board, but the layout dosent look all that
great for doing Ignition and Injection all on one board. I think the connector
that has all signals is rated for only 5 AMPS max per pin, and that is way
exceded when driving ignition coils. Also the layout looked funky, but not
having seen one other then the mech layers on the cad drawings I could be way
off.

>>Can all those interested send mail to the manfucaturer and ask for an other
>>production run (I can hope it would have an effect)?
>>
>>Are the development boards still available?

Not that I'm aware of, the last time I asked the engineer (year or two ago) he
said no, and he said the cost was around $2500. At the time, I had started
working on the schematic in protel to do my own, but stopped when I found out
about the limited product life.

Sandy