ignition advance curves

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Mar 24 00:09:43 GMT 1998

ref RW:
The trick in my experiences is setting the cruise, timing/fuel for the min.
throttle opening.
  At least with the combos I've played with..
I tried high timing, and every fueling, and lean with all combinations
  of timing.  Nothing beat the min opening, type of tuning for cruise.
There has been quite a bit of talk about WOT timing, and I'd say in
general the comments lean on border line detonation.  But.
personally, I've found no lose of performance running as much as
4d less than max..  I'd say it depends on your tuning, and exact
engine combination.  Some people tune for the max timing possible,
whereas I tune for min timing with no loss of performance.  I think
my "way" is easiest on parts...  Also less likely to trigger knock
sensors.
HTH  Bruce     Luckily Cone Shaped Hats have no sharp edges
                         or moving parts (course ya allow risk a puncture
                         wound if ya try to put it on up side down)