Water Injection (Was: Re: Wide Ratio O2)

Robert E. Yorke yorker at deltanet.com
Tue Mar 24 00:33:29 GMT 1998

Zack:

The Spearco hooks up such that manifold vacuum/pressure is applied to the
top of the aluminum holding tank; that way when the small motor that comes
with the kit is energized and starts to pump water (Or
water/Methanol/Ethanol/etc) into the intake plenum (In my car, the water is
injected right before the throttle body) it doesn't have to pump against
atmospheric+boost pressures.  The setup provides a pressure switch (to the
pump motor) off the  intake that is adjustable (Mine is set at ~7lbs).
Three different spray heads are provided, based on engine displacement.

I haven't been on the Aquamist web page in so long, I've forgotten what the
prices were; their version has some rather sophisticated circuitry to allow
for more accurate dial-in of the onset of injection, as well as provision
for letting you know when you're low on water.....I'd recommend just
visiting their site....