Water Injection (Was: Re: Wide Ratio O2)

Zack zubenubi at inetport.com
Tue Mar 24 05:04:24 GMT 1998

Peter,

What causes the erosion?  Are the water droplets eroding the turbine
blade just from their mechanical impact against the turbine blade,
traveling at near the speed of sound, or is it a chemical thing, or
both?  If you injected an atomized stream of fuel upstream of the
turbo, would the same thing happen??
	Just curious.  Just sitting here trying to hone my hat to a fine
point.

Zack