Advantages of spark+fuel vs fuel only?

Gary Derian gderian at cyberdrive.net
Wed Mar 25 12:50:45 GMT 1998

The Mura SV I worked on way back in the 70's sure seemed to have fixed
timing.  It had 2 distributors mounted horizontally as you described.  I
disassembled them to diagnose an ignition problem and found no advance
mechanism.  I later tried this on my Cosworth Vega with good results.  On
the Cosworth, I used 32 degrees fixed.  Never had a pinging problem and it
ran much better.  I am not claiming that this is an optimum solution, but
lots of cam makes an engine need lots of low speed advance.

Gary Derian <gderian at cybergate.net>

From: Carter Hendricks <carterh at crl.com>