Another New Guy

Pete Boggini pjb at gt350.corp.sgi.com
Wed Mar 25 16:25:47 GMT 1998

"Bruce Plecan" <nacelp at bright.net> said:

>ref Paul:
>340 Duster, hmmm.
>Maybe just use a GM 1227730 (MAP), or 1227165 (MAF)
>system off a 350 chevy.  400 HP Would need right at 25 lb/hr.
>injectors, might get by with the stock 350, or the Buick V-6
>should work,  they're always updating and for sale at the GN
>Home Page...  Course I kinda like the GM ecms, and both of
>those mentioned have tuning programs available from The
>Turbo Shop..
>HTH  Bruce

  Speaking of new guys, I jumped on this list a few weeks
ago, and have been just lurking.  The 340 Duster caught
my eye as I have a cousin with a 440 6-pak in a '70
"'Cuda" (its not a real 'Cuda, but he's taken a shell
of a Grand Coupe and made it into a 'Cuda).  Anyway,
he was mentioning to me that he'd love to have a Fuel
Injected setup on his car.  So, the air in my head started
moving around and I was thinking that the Ford Throttle
Body cars (called CFI's I think) had 2 BBL Throttle Bodies
that had the Holley flange and they might be good donors
for his 6-pak mainifold.  The only problem is, what ECM
to use for this setup.  Anyone got any ideas?  Should he
just bite the bullet and buy a custom ECM?  Problem is,
he's not rich, well neither am I so....  But, he does
like trouncing though junk yards, so if anyone had an
idea for a stock ECM that might work, I'm sure he'd
start looking for it....

thanks peterb
Peter Boggini
Systems Administrator/Corp Finance