Diesel Fuels

Joe Boucher BoucherJC at lmtas.lmco.com
Thu Mar 26 14:51:26 GMT 1998

WARNING, WARNING!!!!!

I will try to pull some mil specs but I am completely sure of one
thing.  An additive is added to some jet fuels so it will conduct
electricity.  A modern jet fighter can poor fuel into it's engines at
incredible rates and is fueled at incredible rates.  This will cause a
static electric buildup.  Spark.  BOOM.  Get my drift? Petroleum doesn't
conduct electricity naturally.

So don't try running jet fuel through a gasoline, automotive in tank
pump.  Would probably just short out the pump control circuit, but might
be an interesting way to earn a Cone Shaped Hat.

Joe Boucher
'70 RS/SS Camaro  '81 TBI Suburban